WDT is seeking to fill a position for an Operational Meteorologist with a focus on marine forecasting for fixed locations as well as vessel transits. Excellent forecasting and communication skills are required as this role involves handling a wide array of forecasting scenarios (both marine and continental) and client interaction (ranging from emails to conference calls and video briefings) on a daily basis. Candidates for this position must be able to adequately address stressful forecasting situations while consistently meeting deadlines and coordinating with other forecasters on duty. This position requires shift work, including regularly working nights, weekends, and holidays. A passion for weather forecasting is a necessity to succeed in this role, so please emphasize your forecasting skills in your resume, especially any experience related to marine forecasting duties. Entry-level meteorologists are encouraged to apply although some level of initial operational forecasting experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Meteorology with at least four years of operational forecasting experience with significant marine and tropical experience preferred.
- Advanced understanding of meteorological data and related scientific processes.
- Outstanding technical writing and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and verbal briefing skills along with attention to detail.
- Advanced understanding of computer hardware and software.
- Use of AWIPS or AWIPS-II.
- Use of various computer operating systems including Linux, Mac OS X, and Microsoft Windows.
- Use of Microsoft Office products including Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
Headquartered in Norman, Oklahoma, Weather Decision Technologies, Inc. (WDT) provides organizations with weather analytics and decision support on a global scale. The company utilizes big data solutions to develop and provide weather analytics such as hazardous weather detection and prediction, high-resolution forecasts, decision analytics, content for mobile apps as well as interactive mapping. They employ the world-renowned WeatherOps forecast team, staffed by experts who provide global asset protection and commodities trading decision support. Be it asset protection, the positioning of goods and services ahead of weather or as a response to weather, or merely warning the general public of impending adverse weather, WDT has a product to fit any need.
Job Location: Norman, OK
Compensation: Salary and commission/bonus commensurate with experience.
WDT is an equal opportunity employer