Job Title: Operational Meteorologist
Job Location: Norman, OK
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
WDT is seeking applicants for the position of Operational Meteorologist. Excellent forecasting and communication skills are required as this role involves handling a wide array of forecasting scenarios (both marine and continental) and client interaction (ranging from emails to conference calls and video briefings) on a daily basis. Candidates for this position must be able to effectively address stressful forecasting situations while consistently meeting deadlines and coordinating with other forecasters on duty. This position requires shiftwork contained within a recurring weekend schedule. Regularly working nights and some holidays is necessary. A passion for weather forecasting is a necessity to succeed in this role so please emphasize your forecasting skills in your resume. Entry-level meteorologists are encouraged to apply although some level of introductory operational forecasting experience is preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Meteorology with at least 1-2 years of operational forecasting experience, with marine and tropical experience preferred.
• Advanced understanding of meteorological data and related scientific processes.
• Outstanding technical writing and oral communication skills.
• Outstanding organizational and oral briefing skills along with attention to detail.
• Advanced understanding of computer hardware and software.
• Use of AWIPS or AWIPS-II.
• Use of various computer operating systems including Linux, Mac OS X, and Microsoft Windows.
• Use of Microsoft Office products including Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
Candidates should submit resume and other related materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WDT is an equal opportunity employer