Location: Norman, OK
Weather Decision Technologies, Inc. (WDT) is seeking a Maintenance and Support Engineer to join its team. You will be working with a tight-knit group of engineers and developers to maintain and support WDT’s patented weather alerting engine. WDT is a Norman-based weather company focused on providing world class decision support tools and products to a wide range of consumers and weather sensitive industries around the globe.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and support the various components of WDT’s alerting system
- Implement and maintain monitoring subsystems to detect system errors and outages
- Diagnose system outages and restore service when they occur
- Diagnose bugs and performance issues and implement fixes as needed
- Implement code changes as needed to maintain compatibility with input data streams
- Update third-party modules as needed to maintain compatibility with minimum-supported versions
- Build and deploy system components to staging and production environments
- Respond to on-call support requests as needed
- Familiarity with the AWS cloud and the services it offers
- Familiarity with container-based and micro-services deployment and management
- Source, build/release, and configuration management in a continuous integration and delivery environment
- Demonstrated debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Application performance and monitoring
- Ability to work in Linux-based environment
- Experience with Amazon Aurora, EC2, and Kinesis
- Experience with RabbitMQ and DataDog
- Experience with Python and Java
Submit the following:
- Your resume or curriculum vitae
- A note describing why you are interested in this position at WDT
- Examples of your work: your website, GitHub account and/or code examples
Salary will be commensurate with the knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant.
WDT is an equal opportunity employer.
We pride ourselves in hiring the top collaborative experts in science and technology in the industry. We understand the importance of having significant, challenging work, great pay and benefits, and a good balance between work and home life. We value diversity. We are committed to equal
opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, gender, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.
WDT prides itself on the benefit offerings available to employees. They include:
- Generous health, dental, and optical insurance
- 401k with company match
- Paid vacation
- Short and long-term disability coverage
What sets us apart from the rest is our people. We recruit and develop only the top talent from around the world to work with us. WDT maintains a dynamic and fast-paced environment, which offers many exciting opportunities across several fields.
Submit resume and any additional relevant information to email@example.com.