WDT is seeking to fill a Meteorological Support Specialist position with a well-qualified individual. Weekend rotating shift-work is required and extra hours are offered or assigned as needed. Our 24/7 technical support staff are key focal points for assisting with and troubleshooting various customer software products both from our consumer and professional business services line. When not engaged handling customer related inquiries, staff also assist with internal quality assurance needs and control processes involving complex meteorological products, and are also called upon to work with computing systems administrators and engineering staff to diagnose system faults and help resolve product performance problems.
Outstanding oral and written communication skills are required, as well as the ability to organize and document complex technical problems between customers and internal resources. Candidates much be proficient at maintaining a professional mannerism while working in high stress situations.
• Recent graduates or students currently pursuing a degree in
Meteorology or Computer Science.
• Flexibility and ability to work rotating shifts.
• Previous experience in customer service, quality assurance,
and/or technical support roles is desired.
• Understanding of meteorological data and related scientific
• Outstanding troubleshooting skills, especially in a busy
• Outstanding technical writing and oral communication skills.
• Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail,
including a high level of situational awareness.
• Use of various computer operating systems including
Microsoft Windows, RedHat Linux and Mac OS X.
• Advanced understanding of Microsoft Office products such
as Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
• Understanding of Linux file Editors such as “vi”.
• Experience with SSH command line interfacing.
• Experience with mobile devices and apps, on iOS and/or
• Experience with virtualization software.
• Experience with GIS applications is a plus.
• Experience with Amazon Web Services is a plus.
• Experience with working with APIs is a plus
Candidates should submit resume, cover letter and other related materials to email@example.com.
Job Location: Norman, OK
Position Type: Weekends, Evenings/Part-time
Headquartered in Norman, OK, WDT provides organizations with actionable weather analytics and decision support. The company helps clients leverage weather information for profit and safety globally. Hazardous weather detection, prediction, and decision analytics are available via APIs and GIS layers, as well as WDT’s leading risk mitigation SaaS platform, WeatherOps. WDT takes business continuity activities to the next level by assigning expert meteorologists to monitor global assets and provide live, one-on-one consulting before and during severe weather situations.
WDT is an equal opportunity employer